The Fossil Free MK campaign is calling on Milton Keynes Council to divest from fossil fuel companies.
1. Please sign and share our petition.
2. Please like & share our Facebook page.
3. Please follow our website.
4. Send us a message if you would like to help us with the campaign.
Milton Keynes has £106,787,459 invested in fossil fuel companies through the Buckinghamshire County Council Pension Fund: https://gofossilfree.org/uk/fuellingthefire/
Fossil Free MK are calling on Milton Keynes Council to:
1. Immediately FREEZE any new local government pension funds investment in the top 200 publicly-traded fossil fuel companies: http://fossilfreeindexes.com/research/the-carbon-underground/
2. DIVEST the local government pension funds from direct ownership and any commingled funds that include fossil fuel public equities and corporate bonds within 5 years.
3. REINVEST the money divested from fossil fuel companies into renewable energy, clean public transport run on electricity from renewable energy, social housing and green spaces to create jobs, boost local economies, increase health and wellbeing and future proof against climate change while protecting investments: https://communityreinvest.org.uk/reinvest/. These reinvestments, especially the ones in housing, should include co-operatives.
More information on the fossil free and divestment movement: